“I release hatred and embrace self – love!”
Watermelon Tourmaline is known as ‘the gateway to the inner self’ and the ‘super activator’ of your heart chakra. This crystal can unlock, cleanse, and eliminate any blockage in your heart chakra which will result in relief from stress and an increase in your sense of compassion, sympathy, and empathy. It soothes the heart and counters anger or resentment. It is a combination of pink and green which resonates with the color of the heart chakra.
Uses of Watermelon Tourmaline
- Using a piece of water tourmaline in your meditation assists with calming the mind and the emotions, allowing us to release stress.
- It protects you from negative energies and the negativity of other people.
- This crystal is a strong grounding crystal and stabilizing energies that will keep your mind clear and light.
- It encourages you to balance your masculine and feminine energies.
- It nurtures yourself through daily acts of self-love and compassion.
Where do you find watermelon tourmaline?
Brazil, Nigeria, Madagascar, Afghanistan, and the United States. These countries majorly watermelon tourmaline. This crystal was first discovered in a mine of The North American state of Maine
How can you tell if a watermelon tourmaline is real?
The red or pink center is surrounded by a rim of green, often separated by a sliver of pale pink or white. The brightly colored zones can also occur at either end of the gem although there is some debate as to whether these stones should be classified as watermelon or simply bi-color tourmaline.
Observe your pink tourmaline under a bright artificial light. Genuine tourmaline change color under artificial light, displaying a brownish undertone. If your crystal is billed as a pink tourmaline and it does not display this undertone when exposed to artificial light, then you are likely looking at a fake gemstone.
Watermelon Tourmaline is a popular but rare kind of Tourmaline that exhibits pink, white, and green colors all within one crystal, making you think of watermelon. It’s a variety of Quartz that belongs to the silicate mineral class and presents a trigonal crystal system.